Integrative Medicine in CT | Adonai Optimal Health and Wellness Services
At Adonai Optimal Health and Wellness Facility in Monroe, Connecticut we have experience in several Naturopathic and Integrative Wellness treatments. As a Naturopathic Physician in CT Dr. Whitton specializes in Integrative Medicine in CT. Here is some information you should know about the benefits of Integrative Medicine.
What is Integrative Medicine?
The Integrative medicine approach to care is holistic by putting the patient at the center and addressing the full range of physical, emotional, mental, social, spiritual and environmental influences that affect a person’s health. Employing a personalized strategy that considers the patient’s unique conditions, needs and circumstances, it uses the most appropriate interventions from an array of scientific disciplines to heal illness and disease and help people regain and maintain optimum health.
Integrative medicine seeks to restore and maintain health and wellness across a person’s lifespan by understanding the patient on an individual level and addressing the full range of physical, emotional, mental, social, spiritual and environmental influences that impact health. Through personalizing care, integrative medicine uses a holistic point-of-view by going beyond the treatment of symptoms to address all the causes of an illness. In doing so, the patient’s immediate health needs as well as the effects of the long-term and complex interaction between biological, behavioral, psycho-social and environmental influences are taken into account.
What are the principles of Integrative Medicine?
- The patient and practitioner are partners in the healing process.
- All factors that influence health, wellness and disease are taken into consideration, including body, mind, spirit and community.
- Providers use all healing sciences to facilitate the body’s innate healing response.
- Effective interventions that are natural and less invasive are used whenever possible.
- Good medicine is based in good science. It is inquiry driven and open to new paradigms.
- Alongside the concept of treatment, the broader concepts of health promotion and the prevention of illness are paramount.
- The care is personalized to best address the individual’s unique conditions, needs and circumstances. Practitioners of integrative medicine exemplify its principles and commit themselves to self-exploration and self-development.